About the Machine

Cleaning the KitchenAid Cook Processor Lid and Thank you!!

We have had a number of enquiries regarding how to clean the lid of the Cook Processor. KitchenAid have just released a video on how to clean the lid that can be viewed below. According to other owners who have been in contact with KitchenAid, a new lid is being designed and should be released in 2016. Please contact your appropriate KitchenAid phone number or email to speak to them about the new design. Details for your country can be found at http://international.kitchenaid.com/

On another note, on behalf of Suzanne and our family, I would like to thank everyone who has contacted us with messages of support. Suzanne is working incredibly hard on new recipes as well as being a full-time mum and school canteen chef! Your support is very much appreciated. Looking forward to a productive and tasty 2016!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Lucy
    April 29, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Thank you for the video. However, it does not show how to remove the rubber ring from the lid. This would have been more helpful than showing how to place the lid on a tea towel to dry out… I guess the step is not that straightforward to include in a marketing video such as this.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I’m afraid I’ll break it if I keep insisting. Thanks!

Suzanne @MyCookProcessor.com
      April 30, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Are you having problems with the new or old lid?
      Ive found both to be a tiny bit different in replacing the seal.

Lyn
    October 5, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I can’t remove the seal either. There is no easy way for it come out and the condensation takes over 24 hours to dry even when placed upright as per your suggestion. I am worried about what orgnanism are growing in the area!

Suzanne @MyCookProcessor.com
      October 5, 2016 at 7:51 pm

If you are in Australia contact KitchenAid either via Facebook or phone and they will be able to help you further. KitchenAid are aware of the lid issues and will be able to help more directly.

Lyn
        October 6, 2016 at 11:20 am

Thanks

Olivia
    January 5, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I don’t have any problems with the seal, I can’t get particles out from between the two plastic lids. Is there anyway to do that?

Suzanne @MyCookProcessor.com
      January 13, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Hi, KitchenAid will be able to help you further. You can contact them via their Facebook or by calling one of the numbers on their website.

Ann Evans
    February 8, 2017 at 4:01 am

I have just purchased a cook processor and while I had no difficulty removing the seal to clean it I am now unable to replace it. While John Lewis have tried to assist I remain none the wiser.
    Customer services of Kitchenaid suggest I look on You Tube! No success there either.
    If anyone can offer advice I would be grateful.