Whilst Suzanne will be creating and adapting recipes for this blog, I’ll be seeing what Kitchenaid come up with. Before starting to write our experiences down, I already made the Penne Bolognese and the Dark Beer Beef Stew. Both were very impressive. Today, I tried to make the Moroccan Meatballs.
When I make something, I’ll rate it.
- Ease of recipe (For me, a kitchen phobic bloke that doesn’t understand anything…)
- Would my 6 year old eat it.
So today I tried to make the Meatballs. Pictures are below.
Most of my herbs were dry and I used beef instead of lamb mince. I thing the lamb would have been much better but the beef gave a similar effect.
The recipe is easy. I rarely use our Cook Processor so I had a few moments that spoke along the lines of “What’s the lower steamer basket?”
I gave my meat 10 minutes at 100 degrees, I would change this in the future to maybe 15-17 minutes for the meat in the steamer. Anyway, my results are below, let me know if you have tried them yet and any tips would be greatly appreciated!
1. 4/5 stars – Easy recipe, I managed with very little fuss. A more experienced cook could take these flavours even further!
2. Taste – 3.5/5 – Should have used lamb, the beef didn’t fit the flavours in the sauce as I would have hoped!
3. The Kid test: 3/5 – He tried it, wasn’t a big fan, possibly because of the chilli! Older kids would appreciate much more.